The content of this website may contain affiliate links and I may be compensated (at no cost to you!). Thank you so much for your support!
In this episode, I sit down with Christina Nicholson, the Media Maven, to learn how to pitch to the media the right way and turn that publicity into profit!
- Flourish to 7 Figures Podcast episode one: Welcome to the Flourish to 7 Figures Podcast!
- Facebook Ads Starter Kit
- My signature online program, Flourish with Facebook Ads.
- Pat Flynn’s Smart Passive Income Podcast
- Christina’s Media Mentoring Program
- Christina’s free 3-day video media class: PitchPublicityProfit.com
- Follow @ChristinaAllDay on Twitter.
- Follow @ChristinaAllDay on Instagram.
- Follow Christina on LinkedIn.
- Follow @MediaMavenandMore on Facebook.
- Subscribe to the Media Maven by Chirstina Nicholson on YouTube.
About this episode:
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Christina went from TV reporter to freelancer to building her own accidental PR agency
- The changes Christina made that allowed her business to skyrocket and earn multiple six-figures in PROFIT working only 20-25 hours per week
- How earning publicity can help us grow our businesses
- The 3 different kinds of media and which one is worth the most to your bottom line
- The benefits of earned media and how it helps you build trust with your audience
- Why you might want to think twice about some paid media opportunities
- How to determine which media outlets are right for you and your business
- Why smaller outlets might bring a better ROI than the national media outlets
- What to look out for when outlets guarantee coverage
- Why you should run the other way when a publicist says they’re going to make you “industry famous”
- What kind of mindset you need to have when seeking earned media
- How to get earned media in 3 simple steps
- The biggest mistakes people make when pitching to media outlets
- Two ways to make your pitches timely so you’re more likely to get featured now and avoid getting pushed to the back burner
- How to turn publicity into profit and why you should never assume that it will happen naturally
- Why online businesses should consider becoming a member of the media
- Christina’s #1 tool for sharing on social media
- How Christina uses each social platform and how she grew her following
- How to be sure you’re focusing your time and energy on a social media strategy that will help you get the best results for your goals
- And more!
Thanks for listening!
If you like what you hear, please share your thoughts and help out the show!
- Subscribe on the platform you listen to most: Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or TuneIn.
- Leave an honest review and rating on iTunes. Your ratings help people find this podcast, and I read each and every review!
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.
In this episode, I’m joined by personal brand coach, marketing strategist, and founder of Brandmerry, Michelle Knight! [fusebox_track_player url="https://chtbl.com/track/G44E32/traffic.libsyn.com/secure/flourishto7figures/Flourish_Ep_87_FINAL.mp3" title="How to Use...
In this episode, I’m walking you through how Apple’s iOS updates will affect your Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns, and what you can do to prepare. [fusebox_track_player...
In this episode, I’m chatting with Krista Miller, virtual summit expert and founder of Summit in a Box! [fusebox_track_player url="https://chtbl.com/track/G44E32/traffic.libsyn.com/secure/flourishto7figures/Flourish_Ep_85_FINAL.mp3" title="How to Host a Virtual Summit...