The content of this website may contain affiliate links and I may be compensated (at no cost to you!). Thank you so much for your support!
In this episode, I sit down with Christina Nicholson, the Media Maven, to learn how to pitch to the media the right way and turn that publicity into profit!
- Flourish to 7 Figures Podcast episode one: Welcome to the Flourish to 7 Figures Podcast!
- Facebook Ads Starter Kit
- My signature online program, Flourish with Facebook Ads.
- Pat Flynn’s Smart Passive Income Podcast
- Christina’s Media Mentoring Program
- Christina’s free 3-day video media class: PitchPublicityProfit.com
- Follow @ChristinaAllDay on Twitter.
- Follow @ChristinaAllDay on Instagram.
- Follow Christina on LinkedIn.
- Follow @MediaMavenandMore on Facebook.
- Subscribe to the Media Maven by Chirstina Nicholson on YouTube.
About this episode:
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Christina went from TV reporter to freelancer to building her own accidental PR agency
- The changes Christina made that allowed her business to skyrocket and earn multiple six-figures in PROFIT working only 20-25 hours per week
- How earning publicity can help us grow our businesses
- The 3 different kinds of media and which one is worth the most to your bottom line
- The benefits of earned media and how it helps you build trust with your audience
- Why you might want to think twice about some paid media opportunities
- How to determine which media outlets are right for you and your business
- Why smaller outlets might bring a better ROI than the national media outlets
- What to look out for when outlets guarantee coverage
- Why you should run the other way when a publicist says they’re going to make you “industry famous”
- What kind of mindset you need to have when seeking earned media
- How to get earned media in 3 simple steps
- The biggest mistakes people make when pitching to media outlets
- Two ways to make your pitches timely so you’re more likely to get featured now and avoid getting pushed to the back burner
- How to turn publicity into profit and why you should never assume that it will happen naturally
- Why online businesses should consider becoming a member of the media
- Christina’s #1 tool for sharing on social media
- How Christina uses each social platform and how she grew her following
- How to be sure you’re focusing your time and energy on a social media strategy that will help you get the best results for your goals
- And more!
Thanks for listening!
If you like what you hear, please share your thoughts and help out the show!
- Subscribe on the platform you listen to most: Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or TuneIn.
- Leave an honest review and rating on iTunes. Your ratings help people find this podcast, and I read each and every review!
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.
In this episode, I’m walking you through how Apple’s iOS updates will affect your Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns, and what you can do to prepare. [fusebox_track_player...
In this episode, I’m chatting with Krista Miller, virtual summit expert and founder of Summit in a Box! [fusebox_track_player url="https://chtbl.com/track/G44E32/traffic.libsyn.com/secure/flourishto7figures/Flourish_Ep_85_FINAL.mp3" title="How to Host a Virtual Summit...
In this episode, I’m breaking down 4 reasons why the new year is the BEST time to run Facebook ads! [fusebox_track_player url="https://chtbl.com/track/G44E32/traffic.libsyn.com/secure/flourishto7figures/Flourish_Ep_84_FINAL.mp3" title="How to Beat the Competition with...